BIO TRIANGLE is a 3 year project funded by the EC under the FP7 which aims at streamlining bio-research in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States through multilateral cooperation activities with Europe.
BIO TRIANGLE brings together the leaders in BIO-research from Europe and four industrialized Third Countries which together form a imaginary TRIANGLE around our globe. The project's objective is to foster scientific and technological cooperation in the Knowledge-Based Bio Economy (KBBE) between Europe and Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States. It builds upon two important, ongoing initiatives: the EU-US Task Force on biotechnology, and the International KBBE Forum, involving the EU, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. The project wants to ensure a prominent groundwork for foresight and priority setting in the area of KBBE, to strengthen the multilateral dialogue and to facilitate exchange programmes.
The activities include the organization of:
- Priority setting workshops and policy dialogue fora
- A multilateral roundtable to coordinate related initiatives, such as INCONETs and BILAT projects
- Twinning' activities between projects in the EU and and Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States, including an online information exchange platform
- Working visits of high-level researchers & summer schools for early-stage researchers, to and from the EU and Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States
In addition, information will be disseminated through the websites of the two initiatives and promotional materials, and via related networks.
The expected impacts of BIO TRIANGLE are:
- strengthened cooperation amongst all partner countries, both at the policy-making and the researcher level;
- greater awareness amongst researchers of the possibilities;
- benefits and best-practices of bilateral and multilateral S&T cooperation;
- increased exchange of knowledge and skills that support the further development of KBBE.
The project is divided in 4 work packages:
- WP1 Project Management APRE
- WP2 EU US task Force FFS
- WP3 International Knowledge-Based Bio-Economy Forum TETALAP
- WP4 Dissemination APRE
Project Coordinator Contacts: